- Other Apps
Please spread the word to your Sarangani friends!
SARANGANI, YOUR TIME HAS COME!
The SalaMindanaw International Film Festival and MunaTo Festival announce the call for entries to the Sarangani Open Film Competition.
1. Interested parties must submit the following before September 20, 2013:
- Entry form (link below)
- A story idea or concept for a short film based on the theme “Sarangani Cultural Icons, Visions and Perspectives” (1 page, 12-pt font size, not more than 300 words).
Ideas must explore the rich cultural, ecological and historical landscape of the province which dates back to as far as the 5th century BC. Stories can also deal with the challenges of cultural identities, bridging traditional values with the challenges of a rapidly globalizing world.
2. By September 25, 2013, the Competition Committee shall announce ten to fifteen finalists. All finalists are required to attend a two-day filmmaking seminar on September 27 - 28, 2013.
4. Finalists are expected to develop their story idea into short films.
5. Completed films must be submitted no later than November 10, 2013 to the Competition Committee.
6. The film entries will be screened during the SalaMindanaw International Film Festival from November 26 to 30, 2013 and the MunaTo Festival from November 28 to 30, 2013.
7. Awarding ceremonies will be on November 28, 2013. The Best Film shall receive a cash prize of PhP10,000 and a trophy, while the Grand Jury Prize shall receive PhP5,000 and a trophy.
1. This competition is open to students, as well as amateur and professional filmmakers from Sarangani and the SOCSKSARGEN area. A production team must have one (1) member who is either a resident of Sarangani, a student in any of the province’s learning institutions, or employed in any private or government office in Sarangani.
2. Only short narrative films and creative documentaries will be accepted.
3. Films must not exceed twenty (20) minutes including credits.
4. All films must have no prior public screening before the Festival.
5. Dialogue should be in any Philippine language, and must have English subtitles.
6. Interested parties may submit up to three (3) entries. However, only one entry per proponent may be considered as a finalist.
7. Due to copyright laws, the music used in the digital entries must be original, licensed, or in the public domain.
8. Members of the Competition Committee including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
9. The Festival shall be authorized to use excerpts of the film with a maximum of two minutes for promotions.
10. The finalists must submit by, and no later than, 10 November 2013:
Digital file of three (3) photo stills;
Digital file (.mov, mp4 or .avi) of the film entry.
11. To ensure the success of the Festival, the Competition Committee reserves the right to change, amend, modify or repeal any of the foregoing rules and regulations if it is in the highest interest of the Festival.
12. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.
Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20, 2013.
For inquiries, please text or call + 63 919 390 3629.
visit the SALAMINDANAW INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FB PAGE
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.